Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Perfect cuppa tea....





I fell in love with chai on a six week trip to southern India in 2003, so naturally I was a little skeptical of what rooibos (a caffeine free red bush tea from Africa-- high in antioxidants) would taste like, UNTIL I had a cup at the Brattleboro Farmers Market this summer. Chai-Wallah, a little tea company based in little Guilford, VT, makes THE BEST chai blends outside of India. It's all organic, fair trade and hand blended. I plan to be making their recipe daily till at least May! ;-)

In a small sauce pot add:

1 cup filtered water
1/2 cup milk of choice (I personally like unsweetened almond best)
1 teaspoon Rooibos Chai Blend
Maple syrup to taste (I use about a tablespoon)

Simmer over med/low heat for at least 3 mins -- but the longer the stronger the flavor, which I like. :) Unlike many teas, rooibos only gets better the longer it steeps.

Strain and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment