Sunday, September 22, 2013

Olive's 3rd Birthday (Vermont Style)

Home grown and made strawberry rhubarb juice sweetened with our maple syrup from last years harvest

Clearly I don't believe in "kids food" at a kids party. Not a child complained tho! ;) 

The Birthday Girl

My obsession with Scandinavia comes out in every part of my life. ;) 

The proud father and daughter opening gifts 

Helping hands

pre-party approval

The littlest guest 

On the line: streamers! 

She requested a traditional mid-summer cake for her birthday for an entire year. Finally the moment has come....

Spinach feta nutmeg tart in an almond oat crust 

Some of our favorite people 
We had marvelous weather for Olive's 3rd birthday bash in my mother's back yard. My inner Martha was in hyper drive and I nearly killed myself making the very adult friendly food spread by hand, including the strawberry rhubarb juice! Every year I say I am going to keep it simple, but alas.....;) As you can see Olive insisted on wearing her birthday suit the entire time so taking photos internet appropriate was an extra fun challenge. ;) Happy Birthday Olive Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment