Sunday, September 22, 2013

Still Life(s) Part 1

My father's wild turkey feather bouquet 

Lilacs casting a shadow on my endless paperwork for Olive's school

"It's done, Mama!" --Olive age 3

Little fingers have been hard at work

Lunch prep for the tots

pea shoots from the garden

Little Babushka's sitting on the windowsill 

Frozen raspberries from last years harvest 

A quiet moment for Mama

Mini porcelaine tea set for $2 at the local thrift store 

Roadside daisies that Olive picked
I've become obsessed with photographing objects, food, flowers-- really anything that doesn't move. Perhaps that's because i've been running after my daughter and desperately trying to keep her still long enough to photograph that these inanimate objects are a welcomed pause.;) But what I love the most, and I hope you do too about these photos, is that they looked styled and fused over, however, the truth is is that most times I didn't move them at all. It's as though they were waiting for me to walk by and take notice of their perfect placement and snap a pic. I guess this is what they mean about having an "eye" for something. Through my eyes I see the world as I capture it: perfectly imperfect and unconsciously organized in the most beautiful of ways. I am feel so blessed to find them everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos as allways. I really enjoyed watching your pics on your blog, cause I can see them on my computer in bigger, not iphone-size, and it is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, I am so glad! I just hope I can keep up the momentum...you know how that goes! ;-) xx's

    ReplyDelete